Everyone else might be *too exhausted* to enjoy a divine date night. You know better. You’re a Queen. And you deserve romance on a regular basis.
My secret for bringing extra spark to my relationship during the workweek? A delicious, elegant dinner at home!
In my world, staying in with your beloved need not equal vegging out on the couch and ordering take-out AGAIN. (#NetflixandChill keeps 0 flames lit.)
In this Episode, I’m sharing one of my ALL-TIME favorite sexy pasta dishes with prosciutto and cream that is astonishingly EASY to whip up! Here’s the recipe…
Butter & Olive Oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
6 ounces of very thinly sliced parma prosciutto
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
2 cups of fresh peas (usually in the salad bar section, or buy frozen)
Very finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Red chilli flakes, salt & pepper
2. Add one chopped onion into the pan.
3. Get the water boiling in a separate pot.
4.Add a little bit of salt to the onions and butter. Add a little fresh ground pepper as well! Then, add chili flakes if you want a little kick.
5.Let the onion simmer until it becomes translucent and then add your garlic. Let the garlic sauté and become translucent too.
6. Next, prepare the prosciutto. Cut your prosciutto into little strips!
7. Add the prosciutto and spread it around the pan. It will naturally separate once placed on heat. Let it get a bit crispy.
9. Salt your pasta water as it begins to boil. If using fresh pasta, gently separate the pasta to prevent from clumping. You can also drizzle a little olive oil in the water to prevent sticking.
10. Add your pasta to the salted water and cook for 1-3 minutes if fresh, or else follow the directions on your package.
11.Either strain the pasta or grab it out of the water with tongs and place it directly into your saucepan.
12. Mix everything together and add the peas.
13. And that is it! Time to plate up date night. Top the pasta with a little parmesan cheese and a few chili flakes right on the top. For a little extra freshness, zest some lemon on top.
And for a simple, sweet finish, lemon sorbet with mint and raspberries! Watch to see how I dress it up!
P.S. What’s your favorite date night menu? Will you be trying out this deliciously decadent pasta? Leave a comment and let’s swap notes!