You’re probably thinking, “WHO has time for homemade scones, let alone afternoon tea?!?”
You’ll be pleased to know this ritual is about much more than English royal tradition or satisfying a sweet tooth. This is about taking time to reconnect with yourself. Your goals. Your REALLY BIG DREAMS!!!
In today’s Episode, I’m inviting you into my kitchen and showing you how I do this chic workweek pattern interrupt.
Plus, we’re whipping up my favorite raspberry scone recipe to make the whole experience super fun and special! Here it is…
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries
Clotted cream to serve with
2. Pour flour into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda and a little
lemon zest. Mix all these ingredients!
3. And frozen cubes of butter and knead with hands.
4.Then in a separate bowl, combine whisked eggs, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and whisk together.
5. Add the liquid to the dry mix and incorporate it all together.
6. Once it’s all combined, dust a cutting board with flour (so dough doesn’t stick) and mix the raspberries into the dough.
8. Place sections on parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Place in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown top and bottom.
9. While those are baking, a lovely beverage to pair with your scones is a beautiful cup of tea. I like using Bellocq tea, since it is loose leaf and you make your own tea bags.
10. Remove the scones from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes. Serve with a dollop of clotted cream and enjoy!
All My Love,
P.S. Have a friend you’d love to have tea with? Forward this Episode and enjoy this pattern interrupt together!