Bestselling Author Cynthia Pasquella
t is no secret that people are ready for transformation every January! Everywhere we look, we see “New Year, New Body.” And I get it, I really do. After indulging in heavy holiday foods, we want to start fresh, clean up our diet and feel great again!
That is why now is the perfect time to do a cleanse – one packed with real, whole foods that doesn’t leave you starving and experiencing detox symptoms like headaches, lethargy and a case of the grumpies.
Plus, cleansing is a great way to release excess weight, leave behind any unhealthy cravings and nourish your body with tons of nutrients to get that gorgeous winter glow!
We do want to include lots of water, a moderate amount of clean protein and lots of fresh organic produce. In fact, vegetables are a great source of fiber to keep you full and move toxins out of the body.
To help you dive into your beautiful new year self I’ve put together a simple, but effective cleanse! And since I know what a busy woman you are, I’ve even laid it all out for you step-by-step so it’s super easy to follow.
To make sure you’re setting yourself up for success, you’ll want to read through the program completely, make your grocery list and stock the fridge before getting started. Then, whenever you’re ready, jump right in!
Here’s to you and your 2017 glow!
Water (8 – 10 eight ounce glasses per day)
Herbal teas (1 – 2 cups per day)
• Berry Smoothie (1 serving plant-based protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, ½ cup frozen mixed berries and a handful of spinach. Blend ingredients and enjoy!)
• 4 oz. bison burger wrapped in lettuce with Dijon mustard and a slice of tomato
• Large garden salad (spinach, romaine, sliced carrots, sugar snap peas and cucumbers) topped with ¼ avocado and ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 4 oz. baked wild salmon fillet, seasoned with fresh garlic, salt and pepper
• Green salad (mixed greens, sunflower seeds, cranberries and cucumbers) topped with balsamic honey mustard dressing (1 tbsp raw organic honey, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 2 – 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, depending on taste, blended together)
• 2 tbsp hummus
• 1 cup raw carrots
• 6 oz unsweetened coconut milk yogurt topped with 1 tbsp raw almonds, 1 tbsp chia seeds and ½ cup raspberries
• Faux Tuna Salad Lettuce Wrap (3 oz chickpeas, smashed and mixed with 3 tbsp avocado, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard and ¼ tsp dried dill wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves)
• 1 pear
• 4 oz grilled organic chicken breast
• 1 medium roasted sweet potato
• 1 cup steamed broccoli florets
• 2 pieces organic dark chocolate bar with 75% or higher cacao content
• Apple Cinnamon Oats (½ cup cooked steel cut oats topped with ½ cup chopped apple, sprinkle liberally with cinnamon)
• Greek Salad (1 cup chopped romaine lettuce, 3 oz. grilled chicken, 2 Tbsp chopped red onion, 2 Tbsp kalamata olives, 2 Tbsp green bell pepper, 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes, ¼ cup chopped cucumber topped with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp lemon juice)
• 4 oz. grilled grass fed steak
• 1 cup mixed grilled veggies (carrots, squash, zucchini and red bell pepper) topped with 1 tsp balsamic vinegar and sprinkle of chopped fresh basil
• 1 cup fresh strawberries, sprinkled with 1 Tbsp hemp seeds or hearts
• Strawberry Banana Quinoa Cereal (1/2 cup cooked quinoa topped with 4 medium strawberries and ½ a banana, chopped)
• 3 oz grilled chicken on a bed of spinach, cucumbers, red bell peppers, sunflower seeds and sliced green onions. Top with 1 tbsp hemp oil, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and ¼ cup cranberries, and toss
• Southwest Turkey and Quinoa Salad (Sauté 4 oz. ground organic turkey, ¼ cup chopped onions, ¼ tsp garlic clove, ½ tsp chili powder and add to ½ cup cooked quinoa) on a bed of arugula topped with ¼ cup fresh pico de gallo and ¼ sliced avocado
• Baked Kale Chips (3 cups kale drizzled with ½ tsp olive oil and topped with ½ tsp Celtic Sea Salt baked at 350 degrees until the edges are brown)
The night before beginning this cleanse, prep a bunch of raw veggies to snack on. Keep in a container in the refrigerator so they are easy to grab!
If at any time you’re hungry…remember staying hungry is not healthy. You should NEVER go hungry on this cleanse. If you need an extra snack during the day, feel free to munch on as many raw veggies as you need to feel full.
Go for organic! Organic produce is free of toxins and also has higher levels of vitamins, minerals and enzymes that will keep you glowing and gorgeous!
Use herbs and spices to season your food instead of fatty dressings or condiments. There are so many to choose from and they add a lot of flavor without any extra calories!